You should request this type of survey if you are in the process of purchasing a vessel, the conditions of which are usually subject to (this) survey. If you are unfamiliar or need any assistance with this process please do not hesitate to call.
Full Pre Purchase Surveys will include inspections, examinations and tests in the following categories.
Hull, Deck and Structure
1. Details of Subject Vessel, (General Description, Dimensions, Registration etc.).
3. Hull below Waterline.
4. Topsides above Waterline including Rubbing Strake etc.
5. Deck Moulding.
8. Hull/Deck Join.
9. Bulkheads and Structural Stiffening including Internal Mouldings.
Steering, Stern Gear, and Skin Fittings etc
10. Rudder and Steering.
11. Stern Gear.
12. Cathodic Protection.
13. Skin Fittings and other through Hull Apertures.
14. Main Companionway and other Accesses to Accommodation.
15. Ports Windows etc.
16. Pulpit, Stanchions, Pushpit, Lifelines and Jackstays.
17. Rigging Attachment Points.
18. Ground Tackle and Mooring Arrangements.
19. Other Deck Gear and Fittings.
20. Davits and Boarding Ladders.
22. Standing Rigging.
23. Running Rigging.
24. Sails and Covers etc.
25. Navigation Lights.
26. Bilge Pumping Arrangements.
27. Fire fighting Equipment.
28. Lifesaving and Emergency Equipment.
29. Engine and Installation.
30. Fuel System.
Accommodation and on Board Systems
31. Accommodation General.
32. Gas Installation.
33. Fresh Water Tanks and Delivery.
35. Electrical Installation.
36. Electronic and Navigation Equipment.
37. Heating and Refrigeration Systems: